Monday, June 20, 2011

Bet you didn't expect this!

Yes, writing again. Crazy.

So basically I'll try and keep it work/film related here. But for now a few quick updates since film school.

I graduated with cinematography as a specialty. You can see my final project here. I moved back to Denmark to be with Sigrid and start my career in the film business here. Sigrid and I got a beautiful son. His name is Eivind Örn and he is 10 months old now. Sigrid has one year left of school and then a half years internship.

Film businesswise it's been kind of slow. But I did get together with Marcus and Víði from Film school and we wrote this awesome short script and got it produced. So we spent almost a month in the Ukraine shooting our film Seven Years of Winter. We had one shooting day in Chernobyl. That was 2 days before the tsunami hit Japan and a huge nuclear disaster evolved there.

Here in Denmark I have been working as a camera assistant / focus puller. It has been a slow climb but now I am getting some work finally. Picturewise has helped me a lot and became coproducers on Seven Years of Winter. The work mostly involves commercials and shortfilms. I had the pleasure to work on a short film for the Festival week in Aarhus which starred Rutger Hauer. A great shoot and I can't wait to see the results as it was all green screen.

I am working on a few story ideas at the time and hope to be producing something by the end of the year.

Otherwise if you need it on the screen I'll gladly help out.

No comments: